This is a job listing for a fall internship at Tech Wildcatters. Your first task is to read this all the way through. If you like what you’re hearing, email us at [email protected] and wow us.
Here we go…
At Tech Wildcatters, we put on killer events, execute the nation’s #5 startup program (at least that’s what Inc. Magazine and Forbes tells us) and plug into our world famous network to help ambitious startups become multi-million dollar businesses.
It takes a crazy, hard-working, all-in kind of team to make that stuff happen. Some days we work really late, other days we drive to NASA, sometimes we’re in San Francisco and all the time we’re working together to make sh*t happen in a beautifully chaotic and masterful way. Frankly, that’s how we (and the startups that graduate with us) have become nationally-recognized.
There’s absolutely no way we could make things happen around here with our staff. But there’s even less chance we could do it without another group of VIPs…our interns.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for our next batch of interns to join us this fall. We have four positions available.
You’re a self-starter (meaning, you look around you to see what needs to be done), you’re kind of obsessed with learning, you’re curious about startups, you want to learn from a bunch of badasses, you can work in a fast-paced (sometimes ambiguous) environment, you can pivot and work on something else immediately. And you’re fun to be around.
You’re really interested in learning, doing, shadowing, executing stuff like this (but not limited to):
- Blogging/Video Blogging/Social Media’ing and other communications support.
- Planning events and helping execute events at TW.
- Manage your own special “project” (which you’ll select within the first few weeks).
- Plug into the startup community in Dallas by attending networking events around town.
- Being curious and helping us problem solve, or come up with something new!
- Research — really, this could be anything.
- Supporting TW staff and alum startups with special projects as needed.
- Project management, planning, curriculum development and other business-related tasks.
- Typical internship stuff (taking out trash, printing things, yadda yadda…it’s not THAT much)
It’s hard to fully define what you’ll be working on this fall — You’ll get a sneak peek into our 2016 year and get to know everyone in our community. We think it’s a pretty sweet internship. If you agree, send us a note.