Jon Feld is an accomplished entrepreneur, business builder, team leader, strategist, and consultant. He is recognized and respected by his colleagues and clients as excellent at assessing business dynamics, seeing opportunities, creating a vision for change and growth, and building and leading a team to collaborate and achieve exceptional results together.
After graduating from the University of Virginia with a B.S. in Marketing and spending a year at Frito- Lay, Inc. as a Marketing Analyst, Mr. Feld in 1991 founded Navigator Systems, Inc, a business and IT consulting firm. For 15 years as Chairman and CEO, he led a team of world-class professionals in building business that was remarkably successful across all aspects.
- Named to the Inc. 500 list for five consecutive years in 2002.
- Inducted into the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame as only the 68th company to earn that honor.
- Grew Navigator to 100 employees, over $15 million annual revenue and delivered over $90 million of financial reward shared among its employee-shareholders.
- Served over 200 corporate clients including many Fortune 500 and industry leading companies such as PepsiCo, Southwest Airlines, JCPenney, Neiman Marcus, Electronic Data
- Systems, Burlington Northern Railroad, Coors Brewing Company, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.
- Labeled by The Gartner Group as a “visionary” in Business Intelligence consulting for their thought leadership for these clients.
- Named among the Top 50 Best Small and Medium Size Companies to Work For in America by the Great Places To Work® Institute and the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Identified among the Top 25 Best Companies to Work For by Texas Monthly Magazine.
One client summed up Navigator’s success and value to the business world: “It is rare to find such a shining example of a company that has balanced such great results with great values…achieving the ends without compromising the means.”
In 2006, after 15 years of growth, thought leadership, and client and employee service, Mr. Feld and the leadership team sold Navigator to Hitachi Consulting. Mr. Feld continued with Hitachi Consulting to lead the post-acquisition integration efforts and to execute on the strategic thesis of the highly successful acquisition. He directly delivered over $20 million in consulting sales. He also twice won the “People Award” for best people and culture leadership among the 100+ Vice-Presidents at Hitachi Consulting. The Navigator-Hitachi combination yielded very high levels of retention (82% in year one), deep team integration, new services and value delivered to clients, and tremendous growth in the former Navigator business – which more than doubled in revenue in just 2 years.
As his obligations and goals were accomplished, Mr. Feld transferred his leadership responsibilities and client relationships to other former Navigator and current Hitachi Consulting colleagues. He left the company in April 2008 to pursue other entrepreneurial ventures in a new field of interest.
Mr. Feld lives in Dallas, TX with his wife, Cecy, and their two children – Jack and Lucy.